Learn Chinese Characters Academy Common Core
I've collected up a bundle of useful Chinese language learning resources to kick start your learning or give a boost of momentum to a flagging study schedule. This is the Pack I wish I had had when I started learning Chinese!
This Learn Chinese Characters Academy Common Core is constantly being upgraded with new content. Don't worry though as everyone who buys the pack now will get future updates for free (even when the pack price rises!).
Let's have a look at what's in the Learn Chinese Characters Academy Common Core and see how it will help take your Chinese to the next level.
Learning Chinese Characters? Put them on your wall!
Study Smart - Learn the Most Common Chinese Characters
There's no need to know all 50,000 Chinese characters to read and write Chinese.
Just 1500 characters unlocks 95% of all written language.
Want to learn to read and write Chinese fast? Then make sure you are focusing on learning the right material!
In Chinese usage frequency matters.
The most common 100 characters make up ~70% of ALL written language.
The most common 500 characters, 80%+
If you want to be reading and writing Chinese fast, don't waste time learning the rare characters you won't use but instead focus on the most common
Numbers of Characters known against % of Written Language Mastered
- The Hanzi WallChart Common Chinese Character poster contains the 1500 Most Common Chinese characters.
- The poster is available in super high resolution PDF format so you can get it printed out at your local FedEx Kinko or printing shop.
- Each entry on the chart (see below for close up) contains the Chinese character, an English keyword and the pinyin transliteration.
- Everything comes in both Simplified and Traditional Character version
Close up on the Hanzi WallChart Most Common Chinese Character Poster
How to Use Your Hanzi Wallchart
Visual "passive" learning
Having the Chinese characters around you in a noticeable place is a great way to expose you to the characters.
Equally having a giant wall chart of the characters is a great way to give you a gentle nudge you need to study actively when feeling unmotivated.
Mark your progress
Hanzi WallChart is a really neat way to see how many more characters you need to master and (more importantly!) the ones you already know!
Visually track your progress through the written language and identify characters you need to study.
Learning Chinese Words?
The most Common Chinese Words by HSK Level
What's the Difference between a Chinese character and a Chinese word?
Tricky question as some Chinese words are single characters!
However, the vast majority of Chinese words are 2 characters long.
In 2014, 5 million students sat the HSK test.
- HSK 1, 2, 3, 4 Absolute beginner to Intermediate
- HSK 5 upper intermediate
- HSK 6 advanced
- The HSK 1234 Poster contains all of the official vocabulary from the first four levels of the HSK Standard Test of Chinese ability
- This one A0 poster contains over 1200 words, separated by their HSK level and ordered by frequency
- Most HSK vocabulary lists and books order vocabulary alphabetically, meaning you waste time learning infrequent words just because they come earlier in the alphabet. Instead we order each level's vocabulary by its usage frequency
- Each word comes with an English keyword and the pinyin pronunciation
- Available in both Traditional and Simplified characters
- Level 5 of the HSK is designed for learners who can read newspapers and magazines, understand Chinese films and are capable of extended compositions in Chinese.
- This single A0 poster contains all 1300+ words of the HSK5 examination - more than HSK Levels 1-4 put together!
- Each word comes with an English keyword and pinyin pronunciation.
- HSK Level 6 is designed for students at near fluency
- This 2 x A0 poster contains all 2500 words of the HSK 6 examination - the same as Levels 1-5 put together
My kids are learning Chinese at school and I got them each a poster for their rooms. They love them! Their friends are very jealous!
Multiple Sizes and Orientations - All Included
Smaller posters contain the same characters and words in frequency order, but split over multiple smaller sized posters.
This posters are delivered as printable PDFs NOT physical posters!
Original Size A0 Landscape Hanzi WallChart
Hanzi WallChart Most Common Characters
Common Chinese Words Posters
HSK 1234 Beginner
HSK 5 Intermediate
HSK 6 Advanced
A4/A3 Versions of HSK 1,2,3,4 & 5 Common Chinese Words Posters included.
All Posters come in both Simplified AND Traditional Character Variants!
Please note: These posters as printable PDFs and NOT physical posters!
18 Print-Ready Chinese Language CheatSheets
Save time with these ultra-condensed Chinese language and grammar CheatSheets.
18 Print-Ready CheatSheets including:
- Pinyin Chart
- Pronunciation Guide
- Tone Guide
- Getting By in Chinese 1-4 (to be used with free sister course on Memrise)
- Talking about Time
- Uses of 了
- Uses of 过
- 过 vs 了
- Potential Action
- Time Words
- Numbers & Mathmatics
- Measure Words
Anki FlashCard Decks
Pre-Built Anki FlashCard Decks of the 1500 Most Common Characters
- 1500 Most Common Characters in Simplified/Traditional
- Audio .mp3 added to each card
- Chinese character, English keyword and pinyin matching Hanzi WallChart poster. Take your study anywhere
- Quick instructions about how to get Anki up and running
- HSK Common Words Decks coming soon. UPDATE will be sent to you for any and all future decks.
Special Extra Bonuses in the Chinese Language Learning Pack
Bonus #1 Pronunciation Package
With any purchase of our Complete Digital Download Package we'll include a copy of popular Characters to Words eBook.
Also available as a printed book on Amazon for $15
The Pronunciation Package focuses on two sets of focused exercises to help iron out the most common Chinese pronunciation problems
- The best way to practice tones - in the context of two character "pairs"
- Practice all 20 tone pair combinations to create a tonal framework to apply to all Chinese words
- Make Chinese tones second nature through focused drilling until the brain and tongue are trained
- 23 PDF worksheets in Traditional and Simplified characters
- 22 professional native speaker audio files (20+ minutes)
- Targeted sound discrimination drills to help you hear and reproduce the most commonly confused sounds in Chinese
- We've picked out the commonest mistakes in Chinese and prepared exercises to help you move past these pronunciation hurdles
- Combinations include c/ch, c/z, j/zh, q/ch, q/ch, x/sh, chu/qu, ju/zhu and more
- 11 PDF worksheets in Traditional and Simplified characters
- 11 professional native speaker audio files (17+ minutes)
Chinese Language Learning Pack
- Hanzi WallChart (A0, A3, A4 versions)
- HSK 1,2,3,4
- HSK 5
- HSK 6
- Pronunciation Package (2 books + audio)
- Grammar QuickSheets
- Radical Chart
- Anki FlashCard Decks
$150+ worth of value for just
Please note: Everything in this package is a digital download. You'll get download links in the confirmation email AND be given access to the files via your online portal (Login details created at Checkout).
There are no physical posters in the package - only printable PDFs in both A4/A3 versions (for home printing) and A0, A1, A2 sizes for printing at a print shop